Desktop Support Technician
Do you have a strong background in Information Technology infrastructure and systems?
CompassTech is currently seeking a skilled Desktop Support Technician with the drive and determination to help us support our client base. We are looking for an individual who is a problem-solver to successfully address challenging user computing issues and is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve their skills.
Our Desktop Support Technician is responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective remote monitoring, maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing our company’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies, management and maintenance processes.
This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and exceptional customer service. Our Desktop Support Technician will identify user problems and work within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs. This position involves working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective support services.
Responsibilities include identifying, documenting and troubleshooting user and network computing issues to resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction. Job duties include utilizing our remote monitoring and management (RMM) and professional services automation (PSA) solutions along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver remote user support services and update service request information, answer technical support calls, assign ticket severity, prioritize work accordingly, and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues. Overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired. Other requirements include participating in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications, developing and maintaining relationships with user and vendor contacts, and preparing and presenting service and monitoring reports to management regularly.
- The applicant should have experience in an IT environment with a range of skills including:
- Graduate of Information Technology
- Excellent customer service skills
- Operating systems (Windows 10)
- PC hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting.
- Network Printer setup and troubleshooting
- PC Imaging and Setup
- Antivirus suite configuration and maintenance
- Basic Networking / Cabling
- Valid Driver’s License & Vehicle
- Strong communication & documentation skills
- Knowledge of policy, procedures and controls
- Mobile Device Support – Android, Apple IOS devices
- Remote troubleshooting / Remote tools – TeamViewer, LogmeIn etc
- Windows Servers, DHCP, Active Directory, DNS
- Cisco – Routers , Switches
- HTML/Web design
The following will enhance the value a candidate can bring to the organization
- VPN setup and administration
- Mac/OSX knowledge
- Video-conferencing support
- Desktop Virtualization
- Webhosting/Website Support
- Sales experience is an asset
Have an opportunity to grow with an Island based company with clients throughout the Maritime Provinces. Enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from having a real impact in the work that you do. Know that you play a key role in the continued growth and success of the organization. Work in a positive and professional environment, where your efforts are recognized and rewarded.
- Vacation – Based on position and experience.
- Group Health/Dental Benefits – 50% shared employer expense after 90 days.
Health/Wellness Benefit of $250.00 /year – Health/Wellness related activities or equipment
- Computer Purchase Plan – 12 month Interest free deducted from pay – one every 24 months after paid in full.
- Managers receive employer paid mobile device. Employees will receive a reimbursement for their personal device used for work to monitor email in evenings/weekends.
- Employee Costco Membership – Costco Membership for Employee and one other person at same address.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org